Sunday, July 1, 2012

DIY Mugs!

Hey guys! I was stumbling through my favorite craft sites and came upon this. So, I decided to give it a try myself. These are almost too easy to make. All you do is take a mug (I got mine from Pat Catan's for a dollar) and draw on them with sharpies. (UPDATE: make sure that you choose a CERAMIC mug. Sadly mine wasn't, and the sharpie has started to smudge :( However, I recently purchased a few ceramic ones so I can remake them! )When your design is done bake the mugs in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°. Let them cool completely before use.


Here are mine: (mine are the two on the end, my sister's is in the middle)

When mine cooled I tried scrubbing them and the design didn't come off at all. However, DO NOT put them through the dishwasher. This would also be a cute idea for gifts! Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment