Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Deviled Egg Recipe

              Lately I have had on obsession with eggs. I LOVE them. I like them over easy, scrambled, boiled, and have just discovered the amazingness that is eggs benedict. When I was younger and my Grandma made deviled eggs I would always sneak back into the kitchen and eat them as fast as I could. She hasn't made them in a few years and I was really craving some the other day so I thought I would give it a try. I made a batch this afternoon for a 4th of July cookout tomorrow, they are FANTASTIC. I had to hide them in the basement so my dad and I don't eat them all before tomorrow!


Ingredients:
-12 eggs
-2/3 cup miracle whip (a little less if you want them fluffier)
-2 tsp. spicy yellow mustard
-a few dashes of tabasco
-a pinch of paprika




           First boil the eggs. I never knew how to boil eggs and would always put them into the pot and boil them for around 20 minutes, or whenever my patience ran out. Last year I finally looked up how to boil an egg, and it has seriously made such a difference! First, place the eggs in a pan and make sure that they are covered with at least an inch of water. Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling turn the heat off and let the eggs sit covered for 17 minutes (for large eggs). Then dunk them in cold water, and perfecto!
              Once you have boiled your eggs, and they have cooled cut them all in half lengthwise and place them yolk up on your serving platter. Scoop out all of the yolks and put them in a bowl. Use a fork to mash and smooth out the yolks as much as possible. Add the miracle whip, mustard, and tabasco to taste. Stir it up really well. (I like my eggs really creamy so I actually blend mine with a mixer)
             Finally, put the egg mixture back into the egg white. A good way to do this quickly, cleanly, and easily is to spoon all of the egg mixture into a plastic baggie and cut just a little bit of the tip off. Then, you can squeeze it out like a pastry bag and into your egg white shell. This also makes them look pretty! Sprinkle with paprika and enjoy!!!

Happy Fourth of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment