Saturday, February 4, 2012

Adventures as a Vegetarian

           Hey guys!! I know in a few of my last blog posts I promised I was going to try and post more often. Unfortunately, life got crazy again and I haven't posted in over a month. The new semester is now well under way and I have worked out a routine with classes and work and have been working to finish a few big tutorials. I have two tutorials I have been working on for you to look forward to: resurfacing an old dresser and making a book lamp.
           As my blog title suggests, I am experimenting as a vegetarian! It all started as  kind of a stupid reason. My friends and I were hanging out one night (adult drinks may have been involved...) and we decided it would be a good idea to be vegetarians for a month. This is only day 4 of the adventure, we began February 4th. At first it was kind of a joke, but now I think it would be interesting to see how long each of us can last. I also want to see what it will be like to be a veg-head on a college campus and still manage to eat healthy.
             The only challenge so far was when my friends and I went to Cilantro for dinner on Friday night. Most of my friends ordered sushi, which I LOVE. I was a little bummed, but decided to try a dish called Tofu Rama. It was grilled tofu with broccoli, baby corn, cabbage, carrots, and beans. I was a little skeptical at first, I have only ever had tofu in miso soup, but it was DELICIOUS.
            The next few weeks will be interesting, especially because I am going to Indiana the 10th-12th and Chicago the 24th-26th. I am super excited for my trips, but am a little nervous about the veggie thing, it will be an adventure to say the least!! Thats all for now, I promise to keep you updated this month :) Be looking for two big tutorials coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment