Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Photo Collage/Posters

I am a student, and I live in a dorm room (erh... excuse me, 'residence hall'...) and I try my hardest to make it cute and fun. My walls are covered with things that my friends and I have painted and made over the years. I recently realized that I had no actually pictures hanging in my room, absolutely NONE. No family, no friends. I decided this needed changed. I looked into making a photo canvas (where you transfer a black and white photo to a canvas, which I still plan on doing btw) but I wanted to do 20+ pictures. So then I decided I was going to make a collage of pictures and then print it as one unit onto my canvas. I quickly realized that was putting too much time into such a silly project so I opted for a MUCH easier solution. Instead, I bought two black foam boards and printed 35 black and white photographs of all of my family and friends over the past few years. My expectations for this project were very low, and  I was actually quite impressed with the way they turned out. All I did was lay my pictures out and glue them on using a matte mod podge. Then, this is what really made them look cool, I coated the entire board in the matte mod podge. This took the shiny-ness away from the pictures, and turned it into one uniform looking poster. Here are the results:





(I apologize for the bad quality, they looked fine on my computer but when I uploaded them something strange happened...)

This project was overall really simple, inexpensive, and fun. I can't wait to hang them up when I go back to school! Now only if I could find enough empty wall space... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment