Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Newsprint Nails!


Hello Again! Here's the story with this post, I newsprint my nails all of the time! Of course, the time I do it and actually remember to take pictures so I can write a post about it, they turn out pretty shitty. Oh well! Because of this I have posted my pictures, but the following picture is the result of a google image search, this is what they have looked like all of the OTHER times I have done it:  


Anyways, the reason they didn't turn out as good was because I was doing this while laying in my bed watching csi on my computer. I know, not the ideal place to be painting your nails, right? 
Supplies:
neutral nail polish color
good, clear topcoat
newspaper
rubbing alcohol, or vodka
a small bowl

Step one is to paint two good coats of the neutral base color. I normally use "coney island cotton candy" by OPI. The most important part here is to have PATIENCE. You have to let the second coat dry completely before moving on to the next step. 








 Step two: Pour some of the rubbing alcohol, or vodka (but why waste the real stuff??) into your bowl. I usually put just enough so that it is about 1 cm deep. Next, dip your finger, nail side down, into the bowl of alcohol. Pull out your finger and IMMEDIATELY stick a piece of newspaper to it. Rub all over the newspaper. Peel the newspaper off. Repeat for all 10 fingers. In the past I have cut 10 strips of newspaper, but now I just stick my finger onto random sections of one page, although precutting the strips is easier! When finished top with a good coat of your topcoat, let dry, and tada! Newsprint Nails!

Here are a few pictures from my most recent attempt:











My advice to you is to do it more than once, it probably won't come out great the first time you try it! Mix it up a bit, try different size and style fonts on your nails, I even tried pictures once! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment